alext72888
New member
I negotiated for a 2015 Toyota 4runner Trail Premium with KDSS and no other non standard options for 38500 and put down a deposit for this vehicle. They told me they will find one.
Now they are saying that the one they had an eye on has a deposit on it somewhere else, but there are other 2015 models with more options on it, which will be more expensive they say
another option they said would be for them to build me a new 2016 model with the options I want, which would also be more expensive. Their "well it has more resale value" advice doesn't apply because I plan on keeping this car for it's entire lifespan.
I'm kind of aggravated at the situation, and I signed an agreement with a deposit for the car I want at the price that was negotiated... but I understand if that car simply doesn't exist, I can't get it either way.
From this point, I feel like my options are:
1. Pay more for 2015 model with more options (that I don't want)
2. Pay more for a 2016 model
or
3. Figure out a negotiating tactic to get either option 1 or 2 at the price I already agreed on (best case scenario if I can't get the vehicle I want).
I know there is more pressure at the end of the month to make a sale, and I know they really don't want to let go of that deposit.
I'm in no rush to get this car so I can wait a month no problem. They said they will keep looking and call me back next week.
I haven't spoken to them about me knowing about the hold back of the vehicle so I can use this as a negotiation tactic.
Some other Ideas I have
1. Wait till end of the month
2. Threaten to write bad reviews everywhere if deal falls through OR write good reviews if they accept my deal
3. Something else I missed?
I could be wrong on most aspects but that's why I'm asking you guys! Thanks again.
Now they are saying that the one they had an eye on has a deposit on it somewhere else, but there are other 2015 models with more options on it, which will be more expensive they say
another option they said would be for them to build me a new 2016 model with the options I want, which would also be more expensive. Their "well it has more resale value" advice doesn't apply because I plan on keeping this car for it's entire lifespan.
I'm kind of aggravated at the situation, and I signed an agreement with a deposit for the car I want at the price that was negotiated... but I understand if that car simply doesn't exist, I can't get it either way.
From this point, I feel like my options are:
1. Pay more for 2015 model with more options (that I don't want)
2. Pay more for a 2016 model
or
3. Figure out a negotiating tactic to get either option 1 or 2 at the price I already agreed on (best case scenario if I can't get the vehicle I want).
I know there is more pressure at the end of the month to make a sale, and I know they really don't want to let go of that deposit.
I'm in no rush to get this car so I can wait a month no problem. They said they will keep looking and call me back next week.
I haven't spoken to them about me knowing about the hold back of the vehicle so I can use this as a negotiation tactic.
Some other Ideas I have
1. Wait till end of the month
2. Threaten to write bad reviews everywhere if deal falls through OR write good reviews if they accept my deal
3. Something else I missed?
I could be wrong on most aspects but that's why I'm asking you guys! Thanks again.