Disabling the VSC mode on a 2002 4runner

snwboarder919

New member
alright so lately ive been having some problems with the vsc mode on my 2002 4runner (aka traction control :( ) its been bugging me that i cant turn it off when trying to wheel because it shuts off the power to my wheels when it detects the tires are slipping. i dont know if anyone else has had this problem but if anyone knows how to disable this it would be nice to know!

i was thinking about trying to find the wire for the vsc and routing it to a switch so i can turn it off and on to my pleasing.

If any of you guys have some ideas please let me know because i would like to get this done as soon as possible!
 
Register to hide this ad
I also have this problem, there is a write up on yotatech I believe. Type in (andy mod) or you can also google it there is a way to take this feature out when offroading. This is a mod that I plan on doing, when I am finish I would try to write and post pictures in this forum. Just have to get around one weekend when I am totaly free.
 
This past Saturday I went wheeling and I notice that my vsc light did not turn on and also i was not getting any sounds coming from the steering wheel area like before. Two things that might have caused this would be
1. I installed lockers and perhaps that override and tricked the computer.
OR
2. While reading my owners manual I left my 4x4 gears at 4low and kept it in L for the most part and once in a while would shift to 2. I also lock my center diff.

So for now I am going to hold off on the andy mod and see what happens next time out. Before I got my lockers I called arb usa and asked them if when the lockers are installed would I need to do anything so the vsc traction does not come on. They did not have a real answer for this, they were as blank as I was. Just want to share with you guys on my experiences and also would call arb and let them know that I did not get any vsc lights. Hopes this helps someone out there.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,323
Messages
3,554,173
Members
248,016
Latest member
Advally Service

Trending content

Back
Top