Fluctuating throttle

welchdog32

New member
All right here's the situation, 91 3.0, after initial start up and the engine has been running for 3 to 5 minutes, The idle fluctuates up-and-down. I think it may be a vacuum leak but I cannot find any. Can anyone point me into a different direction?
Thanks for your time
Mike


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Register to hide this ad
All right here's the situation, 91 3.0, after initial start up and the engine has been running for 3 to 5 minutes, The idle fluctuates up-and-down. I think it may be a vacuum leak but I cannot find any. Can anyone point me into a different direction?
Thanks for your time
Mike


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been a long time, but my 1988 22R-E had similar troubles, and I sprayed WD40 on the pivot points of the 'butterfly' in the air flow meter. It may have been sticking slightly, causing the car to hunt for a happy reading from the meter. I never had to do it again. Thinking yours might be a similar setup, being just 3 years newer?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,562
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top