Front End Noise

BostonBeachbum

New member
I did a search for Front End Noise and got no matches. I can't believe I'm the first to post something on this. I have an 03 V6 Limited and am getting a front end noise whenever I hit a bump. The best way to describe it is as "hollow". It sound like something is loose, like a ball joint, wheel, etc.

I've had several mechanics as well as the dealer look at it and they all ensure me that everything is tight. Has anyone else experienced this or are there any suggestions on what it might be. Hopefully its not "normal". I had a similar noise on a 2000 Ford Explorer and turned out to be sway bar bushings.

Any ideas, help, etc. would be appreciated.

BBB
 
Register to hide this ad
BostonBeachbum said:
... Has anyone else experienced this or are there any suggestions on what it might be. Hopefully its not "normal". I had a similar noise ... and turned out to be sway bar bushings.

Any ideas, help, etc. would be appreciated.

It's not normal. I recently did the swaybar bushing upgrade (using poly bushings) as done in a thread around here. This eliminated similar stray noises. Cheap and easy to do.
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,562
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top