Ignition Control Module (ICM)

600k

New member
Ignition Control Module (ICM) diagnosis

How can I tell if the ICM, and not the coil, is faulty? I have an '87 T4R, auto, non turbo, 22RE EFI with 593,000+ miles.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
How can I tell if the ICM, and not the coil, is faulty? I have an '87 T4R, auto, non turbo, 22RE EFI with 593,000+ miles.

You can take the coil off and test the windings with an ohmmeter to get a rough idea of it's condition. You'd need to hook it up to a tester and try it out to make sure though. Only way to test something like an ICM is replace it with a known good one or try it on another vehicle that is running properly.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,596
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top