Loving your Build Thread!!! Quick question... How did you mount your TREDs to the rack? Im looking for a way to do mine on my Gobi Rack.
This build is inspirational. Sub'd. Just picked up a white trd off road premium hope to build something like yours.
Thank you for the kind words! Good luck with your build, looking forward to a build thread on yours!
Got a quick question for you. Can you tell me about the yellow fog lights? I love the look. Did you have to replace the whole light?
How did you run the wires for the lighting in the front and back? I want to add some off road lighting to mine, but not sure how to run the wires from the top of the vehicle.
Also, awesome build. Gave me some really good ideas to try on mine.
From engine bay with PIAA harnesses (2), through firewall, up A Pillar and across to above the center roof console/sunroof controls. I drilled using a step bit, smoothed edges, placed anchor mount, sealed with RTV silicone. Both sets of wires fit perfectly. If you go into my threads more, you will see why I mounted where I did, so it was protected under fairing. Easy and clean install. Many people will say it is better to mount up windshield channel,. It is your call on that vs. drilling in roof.Thanks for the info. Did you also run the rear lighting wire up to the front and use the same port? Or is there a second entrance?
From engine bay with PIAA harnesses (2), through firewall, up A Pillar and across to above the center roof console/sunroof controls. I drilled using a step bit, smoothed edges, placed anchor mount, sealed with RTV silicone. Both sets of wires fit perfectly. If you go into my threads more, you will see why I mounted where I did, so it was protected under fairing. Easy and clean install. Many people will say it is better to mount up windshield channel,. It is your call on that vs. drilling in roof.
Looking at your thread, it made perfect sense to mout it there. Great protection from the spoiler. And I assume as long as it is done right, there wouldnt be any isses with leaking or rust.
How much trouble did you have running it up the A pillar with the airbag there? My biggest fear is setting the airbag off or somehow damaging it.
A pillar is way easy. I flex-loomed the wires from under the dash all the way to the hole in the roof. the hard part was making the curve from A Pillar to roof, as there is only a small 1 x 3" area open that you must feed through. once i moved around the guide wire (a must), it pulled right through. Do not worry about airbag, you will see the area that that is perfect for the wires when you open it up.
Thanks for the informative build thread, and nice 4runner you've put together! Did you install your suspension yourself? I'm from Fresno and was wondering if you have any recommendations for shops in the area for work related to suspension, wheels, tires, alignment.