Master Cylinder Replacement (1996-2000)

mtbtim

Elite Member
Hey Dudes,

If you ever need to replace the master cylinder on your 1996-2000 rig, this video will show you how to get it done. I partnered with [MENTION=148218]JZiggy[/MENTION] to bring you this video.

One comment we got from several people is there's a much less messy way to do the "Bench Bleeding" by using fittings and tubing that will direct the expelled brake fluid right back into the reservoir. Jordan and I were ignorant of this method and we just followed exactly how the Toyota FSM showed how to do the bleeding.

I found an affordable bench bleeding kit from Dorman. Amazon.com

The reviews are mixed on the Dorman kit, but I figured I'd give it a shot because it's very affordable. There are kits with aluminum fittings, but those are pretty pricey. Or, you can simply buy some brass fittings and hose at a hardware store and make your own bench bleeding kit.

I hope you Dudes like the video.

 
Register to hide this ad
One comment we got from several people is there's a much less messy way to do the "Bench Bleeding" by using fittings and tubing that will direct the expelled brake fluid right back into the reservoir. Jordan and I were ignorant of this method and we just followed exactly how the Toyota FSM showed how to do the bleeding.
I was lucky enough to have an extra set of hard lines to be able to do that. Definitely much better than figuring out a way to catch (and waste) a bunch to get the bench bleed procedure done. This is a good video to have since the bench bleed procedure is a bit different than a 'normal' master cylinder.

-Charlie
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,561
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top