Plug & Play Radio Options?

CXS

Senior Member
Yes, I searched and was overwhelmed by the stereos people are putting in their 4th Gens. I have the JBL/nav system and the nav has died and the radio is going too. I just want a radio that works and is plug & play which probably means another Toyota radio. I don't want navigation, my Garmin is way better so just a radio that fits. Nothing fancy, my hearing sucks and I won't waste money of quality I can't hear. Suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
No clue if the original double din non-nav head unit will work. However, I did have factory NAV as well and when it died I picked up a JVC head unit from crutchfield. It required an adapter and works like a champ. All in if you don't require anything fancy figure you'll be out $250 after adapters and fitting kits.

Also worth noting that even in a non-functioning state those old units bring some $$ on eBay.
 
Check out Crutchfield.com They'll have a wide selection and the kit and wiring to make the installation very easy.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,382
Messages
3,554,568
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top