Question About Amp Install

braddas_runner

New member
So I'm thinking of doing a stereo swap with amp additions and I was wondering how people are dealing with the air vents under the seats? Seems like it would hinder an amp install under there? Maybe I guess it depends on the size of the amp? I don't really want it to stick out. Just seeing what others are doing.
 

Attachments

  • 20140903_144510.jpg
    20140903_144510.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 302
  • 20140903_144545.jpg
    20140903_144545.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 283
Register to hide this ad
You are right, depends on the amp. My sub amp is under the drivers seat, and four channel is under pass side. I removed the vent on the passenger side to give me a little more room. I also have power and ground distros with 0 gauge under the passenger side, so I needed a little more room.
I have installed dozens of amps under seats with air ducts and have never ran into a problem. I like it because it is more stealthy than an amp rack. Modern amps are so much more efficient, they produce less heat and have a smaller footprint.
 
Last edited:
You are right, depends on the amp. My sub amp is under the drivers seat, and four channel is under pass side. I removed the vent on the passenger side to give me a little more room. I also have power and ground distros with 0 gauge under the passenger side, so I needed a little more room.
I have installed dozens of amps under seats with air ducts and have never ran into a problem. I like it because it is more stealthy than an amp rack. Modern amps are so much more efficient, they produce less heat and have a smaller footprint.

I guess you're right. The last install I did was a long time ago. Had factory systems since then. The JBL is ok. But not great. I want great...
 
You are right, depends on the amp. My sub amp is under the drivers seat, and four channel is under pass side. I removed the vent on the passenger side to give me a little more room. I also have power and ground distros with 0 gauge under the passenger side, so I needed a little more room.
I have installed dozens of amps under seats with air ducts and have never ran into a problem. I like it because it is more stealthy than an amp rack. Modern amps are so much more efficient, they produce less heat and have a smaller footprint.

If your sub amp fits under the seat, you need a bigger amp ;)
 
If your sub amp fits under the seat, you need a bigger amp ;)

Installed a KX2400.1 under a customer's front seat last week. 2400RMS, and just over 2 inches tall.

I didn't like the JBL system at all. I ripped it all out the first week of getting the car.
 
I installed mine under the front passenger seat. You can remove that piece of the vent be pulling on it. I did that and then taped off the remaining piece and have had no issues....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,561
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top