Quick question on 4WD

Rosamond

New member
So, my 2006 4Runner has the "full time" 4WD where you can drive in the dry pavement. The 2016 that I have ordered, is an SR5 with the part time transfer case. So QUESTION: The manual still states that they want you to drive with 4WD engaged for about 10 miles a month. Well, okay, if there's no transfer case differential, do I have to do 10 miles on a dirt road every month? Would it be possible to find a lonely road, engage the 4WD and drive straight for 10 miles (something that could be done in my area).

Thank you for any feedback. Yeah, I can finally post a question.
 
Register to hide this ad
If I don't get a chance to hit any tails for a month or so, I will engage the 4x4 and drive on a straight road for a few miles. I just turn it off while turning and engage it again while driving straight.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,381
Messages
3,554,565
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top