Removed Plenum during Knock sensor Fix - Now CEL (misfire)

tollboothwilley

New member
Hey Guys

Hoping to get a little help as a starting point. Changed out my timing belt, everything all set. Had an issue with coolant leaking down the pipe between the heads. O-ring turned out to be bad - in replacing that I hit the knock sensor wire (bank 2) and it broke. Removed the plenum, fixed the wire - and now the 4runner is having a tough time starting - it requires pumping the gas pedal to start. After starting it is rough - will not idle without giving it gas. Finally I got it to kick a code: P0300 & P0304. Pending P0306 and P0308. All misfire codes on bank 2 (cyl 4, 6, 8). Obviously I am not driving this.

I checked for vacuum leak - replaced the tube between the PCV valve.

Wondering where to start/check first - hoping you guys have some insight to share.

Spark Plugs were changed 5K miles ago - I know they are good.
Timing belt was replaced ~500 miles before i fixed the knock sensor - and it ran great til now.

Do you think the injector O-rings could cause this to happen - maybe from age and them moving a bit during reinstallation?

Scratching head over here...

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
New intake seals on the plenum during reassembly, and the bolts tightened to spec in sequence with a torque wrench? Or were the old seals reused and bolts tightened by feel?
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,387
Messages
3,554,608
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top