Replacing Radiator.

2fas2c

Banned
Ok, so now that I have tackled the VC gaskets and half moons, plug seals etc job I am moving on to replacing the rad, rad hoses and installing a B&M cooler, milkshake preventative maintenance, you know the drill.

I have a question, since I will be needing to remove the lines for the factory cooler, should I be flushing the trans while I'm at it? is there anything else I should know about doing this job? it seems pretty straight forward to me? and can anyone point me in the right direction to a write up on flushing the trans? 99 Limited AUTO.

Thanks :hat:
 
Register to hide this ad
Ok, so now that I have tackled the VC gaskets and half moons, plug seals etc job I am moving on to replacing the rad, rad hoses and installing a B&M cooler, milkshake preventative maintenance, you know the drill.

I have a question, since I will be needing to remove the lines for the factory cooler, should I be flushing the trans while I'm at it? is there anything else I should know about doing this job? it seems pretty straight forward to me? and can anyone point me in the right direction to a write up on flushing the trans? 99 Limited AUTO.

Thanks :hat:

You dont ahve to flush. The fluid doesnt poor out, you lose maybe half a quart. If you have some sharpies you can plug the lines when swapping parts and you will lose no fluid.
 
thanks for the reply J-Rolla I was hoping I could get away without flushing right now. Where does the Jay-Rolla come from? do you drive an AE86 Corolla?

:thumb:
 
thanks for the reply J-Rolla I was hoping I could get away without flushing right now. Where does the Jay-Rolla come from? do you drive an AE86 Corolla?

:thumb:

Ive had this alias since for over 15 years. Its a play on my first and last name, gamers tag, and I used to play a lot of poker (High Rolla). I wish I had an Ae86. Such awesome cars.
 
coolio, I am going to do the RE + Re this weekend just running a flush in it for a few days prior, thanks for the help :panda:
 
Ive had this alias since for over 15 years. Its a play on my first and last name, gamers tag, and I used to play a lot of poker (High Rolla). I wish I had an Ae86. Such awesome cars.

And I thought it was because you rolled a lot of joints.
 
Ok, so now that I have tackled the VC gaskets and half moons, plug seals etc job I am moving on to replacing the rad, rad hoses and installing a B&M cooler, milkshake preventative maintenance, you know the drill.

I have a question, since I will be needing to remove the lines for the factory cooler, should I be flushing the trans while I'm at it? is there anything else I should know about doing this job? it seems pretty straight forward to me? and can anyone point me in the right direction to a write up on flushing the trans? 99 Limited AUTO.

Thanks :hat:

I'd skip the tranny flush and replace the thermostat (if you don't know its age) instead, probably flush cooling system too.

When I replaced my rad 2 weeks ago I decided to pull the thermostat to have a look, probably an original at 277k, it had lots of scrapes/gouges on the upper portion that prevented it from opening completely. Engine used to live at 194-199 then now its always at 185-188. Luck and enjoy. :cowboy:
 
Last edited:
I have two video for you.

1) Radiator Replacement with cooler install, and thermostat replacement
2) Transmission Fluid Flush


 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,530
Members
248,081
Latest member
Luceann

Trending content

Back
Top