TYC headlights terrible.

MrRoo

New member
I installed some TYC replacement headlight assembly's on my 98. I "upgraded" to the clear 99+ assembly's. I haven't seen such a piss poor light pattern since my 1985 Honda Spree. I only bought them as I couldn't find any OEM used clears for a reasonable notice and condition. So as I'm stuck using the TYC clear lens. My OEM housing and adjuster are good. Should I just swap the TYC clear lens into my 98 OEM assembly? I know the inside reflector is smooth and different. I see a guy seems to have done this a while back on the forum but never saw how it all worked out. And I'd love to do a projector swap. I've done two before using MORI Moto kits. But that is not in the budget for this 4Runner.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a TYC on my driver's side and the pattern is ridiculous. Driver's side is what gets broken most and I have not been able to find a used driver's OEM at a decent price. Definitely doing the MoriMoto Mini D2S this fall.
 
I guess I'll continue to look for a good deal for some OEM lights. Then swap stuff around eventually with a Mori Moto setup again. I did a TSX HID swap in my accord I had and a FXR swap in a Impala SS I had. Both were awesome but expensive. I have a set of camaro SS OEM HID assembly's I could use for a swap. Maybe I'll find some time....
 
I vote for eBay as well, that's where I got my OEM one. Be careful though a lot of times sellers mislabel the 96-98 headlights as the 99-02 and vice verse and it can be hard to tell from the pics.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,381
Messages
3,554,565
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top