Yet another towing thread

I tow a few times a week and have so for 30 years, keep it simple.

I use a Tekonsha brake controller with variable boost, it also allows for trailer brake only use and of course the amount of braking is adjustable, i run airbags, measure stock height from ground to top of rear fender, when trailer is attached inflate airbags to stock height (proper weight distribution in trailer is important) i run an aftermarket sway bar roughly twice the diameter of stock, i do have a transmission cooler.

after thousands of miles of towing i have never had an issue

Happy towing
 
I tow a few times a week and have so for 30 years, keep it simple.

I use a Tekonsha brake controller with variable boost, it also allows for trailer brake only use and of course the amount of braking is adjustable, i run airbags, measure stock height from ground to top of rear fender, when trailer is attached inflate airbags to stock height (proper weight distribution in trailer is important) i run an aftermarket sway bar roughly twice the diameter of stock, i do have a transmission cooler.

after thousands of miles of towing i have never had an issue

Happy towing

I'll add that my brake controller is a digital proportional Curt (Triflex). I need to turn off the brake light send dip switch to keep from throwing codes when using just the trailer brakes. Other than that, it works very well.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,557
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top