Sound System

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_nlsn View Post
Kenwood Excelon DPX593BT Radio
1000W 5ch JVC KS-AX3205D Amp
6x9" Kenwood KFC-6966S Speakers in front
6.5" Kenwood KFC-1666S Speakers in rear
8" 250W Rockville W8T4-S2 Sub
One of the first things I did was upgrade/replace the sound system. The front driver speaker was busted, and I was going to just replace that, but then I decided to just replace it all.

The speakers I put in were Kenwood KFC-6966S (6x9") in the front door, and Kenwood KFC-1666S (6.5") in the rear door. My headunit is a Kenwood Excelon DPX593BT, and the amp is a JVC KS-AX3205D. The subwoofer I have is a Rockville W8T4-S2 (PO put it in). I also put in the Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter so I could keep the functionality if the factory controls. Crutchfield's ReadyHarness made the job a ton easier.

Not gonna lie, this thing sounds great. I feel it's the perfect amount of bass to be able to feel it and enjoy it, but still not too overpowering and doesn't quite make you "that guy"

The amp is mounted under the passenger seat, it's grounded to the seat mount, the power wires for it are run under the center console, and the ReadyHarness was run alongside the factory harness in the floor.

To make wiring easier, the ready harness was cut where it runs by the amp. The radio side of the ready harness was wired onto the input plug of the amp, and the speaker side of the ready harness was fitted with connectors and connected to the output posts of the amp. The amp only took an RCA input for the subwoofer (the input plug didn't have a subwoofer slot), so the subwoofer wire of the ready harness was fitted with an RCA connector and plugged into the amp

Here is my parts list: 4runner Sound - Google Sheets

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 340k miles (175k engine swapped @ 326k) // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's

@toto.runner // Build Thread // Engine Swap Write-Up

Last edited by P_nlsn; 05-26-2021 at 03:41 PM.
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote