2012 T4R SR5 confusion

bcloud3

New member
I purchased a new '12 SR5 in June 2012. I was recently in an accident resulting in the vehicle being totaled out. I looked at another used '12 SR5 on a dealer lot yesterday. Everything underhood looked alot different than the one I had purchased new. The engine cover was different (looked less modern), and the layout of things in the engine compartment looked different. I compared the VIN to mine, and they aparently were assembled in different plants, so I couldn't really get a feel for if the used one was built earlier in the model year than mine was. Any thoughts on why the significant visual difference in two 2012 T4Rs engine compartments? Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I purchased a new '12 SR5 in June 2012. I was recently in an accident resulting in the vehicle being totaled out. I looked at another used '12 SR5 on a dealer lot yesterday. Everything underhood looked alot different than the one I had purchased new. The engine cover was different (looked less modern), and the layout of things in the engine compartment looked different. I compared the VIN to mine, and they aparently were assembled in different plants, so I couldn't really get a feel for if the used one was built earlier in the model year than mine was. Any thoughts on why the significant visual difference in two 2012 T4Rs engine compartments? Thanks.

Hi bcloud,

Ever hear the expression... 'A picture's worth a thousand words'...
It can also make a thread 'that much more' interesting :art: so why not snap-us a few? :photo: hahahaha!
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,582
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top