2014 Limited - need help finding the right nerf bars

MagneticGrayIA

New member
Just got my first 4runner and love it! Need some help from the community finding a pair of nerf bars (or if they are better, running boards) that will look great as well as handle a Midwest winters snow and salt.

Been getting confused looking around because I guess the limited has a different setup then the sr5 and trail, so your help would be appreciated! Also have found some options but have no idea what a good quality brand is in this market.

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Just got my first 4runner and love it! Need some help from the community finding a pair of nerf bars (or if they are better, running boards) that will look great as well as handle a Midwest winters snow and salt.

Been getting confused looking around because I guess the limited has a different setup then the sr5 and trail, so your help would be appreciated! Also have found some options but have no idea what a good quality brand is in this market.



Thanks!

I have Shrockworks rock sliders on my Unlimited T4R. They look and offer maximum protection.
 

Attachments

  • 20140504_130105.jpg
    20140504_130105.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 7,266
I have Shrockworks rock sliders on my Unlimited T4R. They look and offer maximum protection.

Glad to see what they look like on a Limited. I have installed the Shrockworks TE rocker covers - have another month or two to wait until they ship their rock sliders. Ordered the same setup as you installed. Looks great!
 
Yeah those do look pretty sweet. I am looking for something in stainless and it doesn't have to be a slider...anyone got any pics or recommendations?

Let me know, thanks
 
I went through the same decision-making process after buying my 13 last year. I saw a set of Westins's on an 11 model on a used car lot and they looked good. So, I bought and installed Westin Signatures on mine. There is no interference with the front mud guards and they look great, IMO. Sorry, no pictures, though.
 
Got a pair of Westin's

after looking around a ton, and finding a good deal on amazon, I got a pair of the Westin ProTraxx. I think they turned out pretty good, and not a bad DIY project for a novice. Tried to attach some images, hope they come through.
 

Attachments

  • 1-IMG_0260.jpg
    1-IMG_0260.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,063
  • 1-IMG_0261.jpg
    1-IMG_0261.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,825
  • 1-IMG_0262.jpg
    1-IMG_0262.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,700
  • 1-IMG_0263.jpg
    1-IMG_0263.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,588
I went with the Nfab steps although I have heard them referred to as "sliders" whatever they are the finish on them seems to be solid. I like them, super clean look.
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,174
I went with the Nfab steps although I have heard them referred to as "sliders" whatever they are the finish on them seems to be solid. I like them, super clean look.

Don't get me wrong, they definitely get the job done. Just wait until you go through a winter or 2 before commenting on the finish..... After 2 NJ winters, the orange spots are showing quite a bit, mostly in the corners.
 
I went with the Nfab steps although I have heard them referred to as "sliders" whatever they are the finish on them seems to be solid. I like them, super clean look.

Nfab steps are "steps", not "sliders".

"Sliders" provide body protection and allow the vehicle to slides along obstacles.
tacoma-rock-sliders.jpg


Some "sliders" double up as "steps", but most "steps" are not "sliders".
 
Thanks! Looks like IIll be changing my sig. :fear:

I can imagine the "steps" providing some protection against some obstacles, but i doubt anything near true "sliders", I'm assuming they're more rigid and thick to withstand.


Colorado isn't as aggressive with the ice control and removal. I think sand with some magnesium is about as rough as it gets here.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,382
Messages
3,554,568
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top