2018 TRD Pro Colors...Cement?

Couple things since you're in Cedar Park:

Direct from our sales manager in conversation regarding trading up on my '16 SR5: Toyota of Cedar Park will be getting ONE of EACH TRD Pro model in EACH color in appx 30 days. He said 45 days about 2 weeks ago so probably closer to 30 days now.

He also told me Toyota will NOT be doing a TRD Pro 4Runner or Tundra for 2018. Reason being for the 4Runner is that there was not going to be an '18 4Runner at all due to CAFE standards. The introduction of more fuel efficient models to the line-up (likely those grafted back over from Scion as well as new models such as the C-HR) allowed Toyota to continue producing the 4Runner and it is now guaranteed, in its current form, through 2020, when if there is still a 4Runner, it will get a major refresh.

TL;DR - No TRD Pro for 2018 but 4runner in current from until 2020

Nothing in this post is true.
 
Hello from Seattle. Put deposit down for a 2017 Cement TRD Pro with an area dealer. If they can't get me the truck I want in 90 days, I will get my deposit back. Any ideas on what my chances are of getting one by mid-Sept? There are a couple of Cement Pros that just recently arrived at other dealers, but I'm still tied to this "order/contract." I could just cancel but then I would forfeit my $500 deposit. Wondering if I should do that and get one now from the other dealer, versus play the waiting game only to be let down in Sept.
 
Hello from Seattle. Put deposit down for a 2017 Cement TRD Pro with an area dealer. If they can't get me the truck I want in 90 days, I will get my deposit back. Any ideas on what my chances are of getting one by mid-Sept? There are a couple of Cement Pros that just recently arrived at other dealers, but I'm still tied to this "order/contract." I could just cancel but then I would forfeit my $500 deposit. Wondering if I should do that and get one now from the other dealer, versus play the waiting game only to be let down in Sept.

Personally I'd never put down $500 unless it was fully refundable...

That being said, at this point assuming the dealer is supposed to get it for you at MSRP, I'd just stick with it and have the ability to get your $500 back if they can't deliver.

Otherwise you may very likely be walking away from $500 and setting up to have to pay mark-up on top of that from another dealer.

I would have loved a Cement TRD Pro, but ultimately decided to go after the best deal I could get on a Trail Premium or TRD Offroad Premium this spring. When I stumbled into a Trail Premium with 2300 miles on it at about $2K below invoice, I thought about all the modification work the $7K+ versus getting a marked up 2017 TRD Pro around here would buy me...
 
If is true that the colors for 2018 are Heritage Blue, Black, and White, then I am glad that I just picked up a 2017 TRD Pro in Red. The blue is ok, but not my favorite color and I personally would not go with black or white.

The cement is a nice color, but as these things are selling so quickly and few have been delivered in the Chicago area, when I saw the red one at the dealer I had purchased my 2012 FJ at, I drove in last Thursday and bought it for MSRP.

As for those serious off roaders who say that one should buy a lower model if one is going to modify them, that is probably true. I opted for the TRD Pro as most of the mods I made to my FJ were to make it look similar to the TT edition; therefore, I opted just to get the TRD Pro model to begin with. The only mod I am planning for the pro is to go with some sliders, likely AllPro, as that is what I put on the FJ.
 
Dealer got OP by the balls. How bad do you want it? Are you really going to love that color in four years? Why do I see used Infernos on cars.com?

Just for the record, guilty as charged, I went looking at a red TRD Pro at local dealership. Did not buy, starting spread between Pro and trade in was not worth it, I could see 3 hours of bs.
 
Hello from Seattle. Put deposit down for a 2017 Cement TRD Pro with an area dealer. If they can't get me the truck I want in 90 days, I will get my deposit back. Any ideas on what my chances are of getting one by mid-Sept? There are a couple of Cement Pros that just recently arrived at other dealers, but I'm still tied to this "order/contract." I could just cancel but then I would forfeit my $500 deposit. Wondering if I should do that and get one now from the other dealer, versus play the waiting game only to be let down in Sept.

I went through this about two weeks ago. I will find the link with the full explanation but it boiled down to my local dealer either being justifiably ignorant or blatantly irresponsible. Either way, if your dealer can not provide you with a VIN # ASAP there is a VERY good chance that they will not be able to line up a vehicle for you inside of 90 days as I have a hunch all of the TRDP's to be built this year have been...but you will probably miss out on every free (un-allocated) TRDP Cement to come to either port and dealership by then.

Worse case scenario for you is you score TWO cement unicorns and since you live on the west coast put one up for sale at $3-4k over MSRP and have someone drive or fly to you to pick it up and essentially pay for all the mods you'll end up doing to yours anyways!
 
Thanks for the insight [MENTION=164147]AZ Craig[/MENTION] and [MENTION=168138]KEWW Pro[/MENTION] . It's crazy the demand for these Cement Pros and that people are truck flipping them for profit. The dealer I put my deposit down is one of the more reputable Toyota dealers in my area, so I may just take my chances and play the waiting game. They have agreed to sell me at MSRP. The two un-allocated Cements in the area - one is going for a hefty $51K and the other appears to be at MSRP. If I wait until Sept, they can't get me a Cement one, and I get my $500 back. At that point I would probably look for a Super White Pro (my 2nd color choice), wait for the 18's, or get a Super White TRD OR Premium.
 
Last edited:
"The 4Runner TRD program has been and continues to be a huge success. Unfortunately, our current waiting list is at capacity compared to our expected incoming product for MY17. Because of this we can no longer accept any more SOVR request for the 4Runner TRD Pro, until further notice."

That is a quote from a dealer to 240ric (I don't know how to do the @ thing?) this morning that he was given after placing an order on the 20th.
 
"The 4Runner TRD program has been and continues to be a huge success. Unfortunately, our current waiting list is at capacity compared to our expected incoming product for MY17. Because of this we can no longer accept any more SOVR request for the 4Runner TRD Pro, until further notice."

That is a quote from a dealer to 240ric (I don't know how to do the @ thing?) this morning that he was given after placing an order on the 20th.

I placed my order on the 18th. I'm assuming I will be getting this same message from my dealer :frusty: . [MENTION=168138]KEWW Pro[/MENTION] - did you end up finding a Cement Pro or another color?
 
"The 4Runner TRD program has been and continues to be a huge success. Unfortunately, our current waiting list is at capacity compared to our expected incoming product for MY17. Because of this we can no longer accept any more SOVR request for the 4Runner TRD Pro, until further notice."

That is a quote from a dealer to 240ric (I don't know how to do the @ thing?) this morning that he was given after placing an order on the 20th.

This note came from the Texas distributor, Gulf States Toyota, to my dealer when I tried to special order a cement one. There could be a chance that dealers in other regions may still be able to get you into a Cement one if there are unallocated units. My local dealer said there are some red and white TRDPs that are in incoming inventory that he could allocate to me. I chose to stick with cement and bought one from MO.
 
Last edited:
I went with the Super White from Joseph Toyota in Cincinnati, not sure if its sister on the boat got sold yet but is was available mid-week, also White.

Spitzer Toyota (East on Pittsburgh) told me on Thursday they had a couple more coming in, and there may have been a Cement...not 100% on that though but I had the deal ion the works in Cincinnati by the time they called back.

Coming from the west coast as you are, a flight and a break in road trip will be less expensive than the mark-up they are charging you all.
 
I went with the Super White from Joseph Toyota in Cincinnati, not sure if its sister on the boat got sold yet but is was available mid-week, also White.

Spitzer Toyota (East on Pittsburgh) told me on Thursday they had a couple more coming in, and there may have been a Cement...not 100% on that though but I had the deal ion the works in Cincinnati by the time they called back.

Coming from the west coast as you are, a flight and a break in road trip will be less expensive than the mark-up they are charging you all.

Congrats your in-bound Super White Pro!

I would definitely consider a flight, break-in road trip, and some mod $$ versus having to pay $8K markup that the one dealer is asking smh.
 
Congrats your in-bound Super White Pro!



I would definitely consider a flight, break-in road trip, and some mod $$ versus having to pay $8K markup that the one dealer is asking smh.



Or you can skip the flight and just get it shipped!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Does anyone know when you can order an 18 online and are the colors mentioned in this thread for sure?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Does anyone know when you can order an 18 online and are the colors mentioned in this thread for sure?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No official word yet. Typically ordering opens somewhere around this time of year however thus probably within the next few weeks we'll hear more...
 
I went through this about two weeks ago. I will find the link with the full explanation but it boiled down to my local dealer either being justifiably ignorant or blatantly irresponsible. Either way, if your dealer can not provide you with a VIN # ASAP there is a VERY good chance that they will not be able to line up a vehicle for you inside of 90 days as I have a hunch all of the TRDP's to be built this year have been...but you will probably miss out on every free (un-allocated) TRDP Cement to come to either port and dealership by then.

Worse case scenario for you is you score TWO cement unicorns and since you live on the west coast put one up for sale at $3-4k over MSRP and have someone drive or fly to you to pick it up and essentially pay for all the mods you'll end up doing to yours anyways!

This is kind of what happened to me during my search for a TRDP Tundra in Cement. The dealer I initially placed an order with is completely incompetent and "lost" my info. I should've known better when they couldn't get me a VIN.

FWIW, I call my Tundra "The Unicorn" because it was so damn hard to find.

Thanks for the insight [MENTION=164147]AZ Craig[/MENTION] and [MENTION=168138]KEWW Pro[/MENTION] . It's crazy the demand for these Cement Pros and that people are truck flipping them for profit. The dealer I put my deposit down is one of the more reputable Toyota dealers in my area, so I may just take my chances and play the waiting game. They have agreed to sell me at MSRP. The two un-allocated Cements in the area - one is going for a hefty $51K and the other appears to be at MSRP. If I wait until Sept, they can't get me a Cement one, and I get my $500 back. At that point I would probably look for a Super White Pro (my 2nd color choice), wait for the 18's, or get a Super White TRD OR Premium.

There seems to be a crazy demand for these Cement Pros. I came across a bunch of dealers online that showed TRDP's in stock but when I called they didn't have any. Somewhat false advertising if you ask me. I also came across a dozen or so that showed MSRP online but actually had a ridiculous markup or some ghetto "wheel and tire package" on them. If you can find one at MSRP, buy it.

"The 4Runner TRD program has been and continues to be a huge success. Unfortunately, our current waiting list is at capacity compared to our expected incoming product for MY17. Because of this we can no longer accept any more SOVR request for the 4Runner TRD Pro, until further notice."

That is a quote from a dealer to 240ric (I don't know how to do the @ thing?) this morning that he was given after placing an order on the 20th.

Pretty much the same thing a handful of dealers told me about the Tundra.

Congrats your in-bound Super White Pro!

I would definitely consider a flight, break-in road trip, and some mod $$ versus having to pay $8K markup that the one dealer is asking smh.

This is what I did to get my TRDP Tundra last month. Flew into Columbus OH, signed my name and drove back to NM. It was a good way to get to know my Tundra.

Does anyone know when you can order an 18 online and are the colors mentioned in this thread for sure?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran across this on another forum:

6ba4217bbe68fae28d871b120b93ad4b.jpg



FWIW, Germain Toyota in OH had a Cement 4Runner and Cement Taco last month when I purchased my Tundra from them. Probably the only dealer I had come across that had the "Cement Trifecta" They're probably sold by now but it's worth a shot. They were great to work with as well.
 
[MENTION=32290]gm350reratliff[/MENTION] I called the two local dealers that supposedly had a Cement TRD Pro 4R in stock (according to Autotrader and the dealer websites) - both said the cars were already sold. I already have a deposit with a dealer, no VIN, and no guarantees. May have to do what you and [MENTION=168138]KEWW Pro[/MENTION] did, and go out of state to get my Pro. Hope I can get my hands on a Unicorn for MSRP, or at least get my 2nd choice - a Super White Pro.
 
[MENTION=32290]gm350reratliff[/MENTION] I called the two local dealers that supposedly had a Cement TRD Pro 4R in stock (according to Autotrader and the dealer websites) - both said the cars were already sold. I already have a deposit with a dealer, no VIN, and no guarantees. May have to do what you and [MENTION=168138]KEWW Pro[/MENTION] did, and go out of state to get my Pro. Hope I can get my hands on a Unicorn for MSRP, or at least get my 2nd choice - a Super White Pro.

Good luck!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,312
Messages
3,554,083
Members
248,016
Latest member
Advally Service

Trending content

Back
Top