Arthur4R
New member
Hi everyone,
I went to my local Pepboys to get a wheel alignment done. I would have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the left for the car to drive straight and I noticed front driver side tire was wearing uneven. They called me in a few hours that the car was ready for pick up and I noticed zero change. I went back they tried to do it again, I picked up the car but it has the same issue, wheel is slightly to the left to keep the car straight. At this point this is 2 alignments and spec sheet is showing everything within spec but the wheel needs to be slightly to the left. Long story short 4 alignments later they can't get the wheel to be perfectly straight. On the fifth attempt the manager calls me and says the reason they can't align it is because my driver side spring has 9 rings and passenger side has 7 ( maybe vice versa). I am calling bullshit as I bought the car brand new, never in an accident and never any front end work done on the vehicle. Anyone with a stock limited can you please go under you car and count the rings on the springs on both sides. I am going to take it to a dealer at this point, I just want to make sure that spring difference is normal.
2021 Limited
I went to my local Pepboys to get a wheel alignment done. I would have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the left for the car to drive straight and I noticed front driver side tire was wearing uneven. They called me in a few hours that the car was ready for pick up and I noticed zero change. I went back they tried to do it again, I picked up the car but it has the same issue, wheel is slightly to the left to keep the car straight. At this point this is 2 alignments and spec sheet is showing everything within spec but the wheel needs to be slightly to the left. Long story short 4 alignments later they can't get the wheel to be perfectly straight. On the fifth attempt the manager calls me and says the reason they can't align it is because my driver side spring has 9 rings and passenger side has 7 ( maybe vice versa). I am calling bullshit as I bought the car brand new, never in an accident and never any front end work done on the vehicle. Anyone with a stock limited can you please go under you car and count the rings on the springs on both sides. I am going to take it to a dealer at this point, I just want to make sure that spring difference is normal.
2021 Limited
Last edited: