ABS code 13 - Open Circuit in Pump Motor

Big Bad Dad

New member
On a 98 4Runner, my ABS light stays on. This is the code number I pulled using the paperclip trick. Have trouble finding explanation of the codes online, but I believe this is the right explanation. Now, I don't know what to do about it... Any advice?
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
On a 98 4Runner, my ABS light stays on. This is the code number I pulled using the paperclip trick. Have trouble finding explanation of the codes online, but I believe this is the right explanation. Now, I don't know what to do about it... Any advice?
Thanks
From my 2000 Factory Service Manual:
Code 13- Open circuit in ABS control (motor) relay circuit. Possible causes: ABS control (motor) relay, open or short in ABS control (motor) relay circuit, bad ECU
Here's a link to the 2000 FSM: 2000 4Runner FSM - Printable - Google Drive the information for that code is in section 5. DIAGNOSTIC, then scroll down until you find the page labeled DI-397 for the troubleshooting procedure

DISCLAIMER: There may be differences between your year 4Runner and the 2000 FSM
 
From my 2000 Factory Service Manual:
Code 13- Open circuit in ABS control (motor) relay circuit. Possible causes: ABS control (motor) relay, open or short in ABS control (motor) relay circuit, bad ECU
Here's a link to the 2000 FSM: 2000 4Runner FSM - Printable - Google Drive the information for that code is in section 5. DIAGNOSTIC, then scroll down until you find the page labeled DI-397 for the troubleshooting procedure

DISCLAIMER: There may be differences between your year 4Runner and the 2000 FSM

Thanks
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,576
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top