Brake controller not working

Adam F

New member
I installed a 4 wire tekonsha voyager brake controller into the factory harness. I get no lights or anything on the controller. Is there a fuse or relay I could be missing? I attached the wiring I did
 

Attachments

  • 20170628_210856.jpg
    20170628_210856.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 872
Register to hide this ad
I did a search for a wiring diagram for the brake controller you have, this is the best I could find, the diagram is not specifically
for a T4R, but may help.

Click on the link for more info and instructions.

https://www.etrailer.com/question-6890.html

"Question:
I need a wiring diagram for a tekonsha voyager electronic brake control can some one please help me?
asked by: Russell

Expert Reply:
Yes we can help. To the right there is a picture that has a diagram of how most brake controllers wire up, if you click it you will
be able to see an enlarged version of the picture. Below you will find a link to the installation instructions and to wiring instructions for
wiring brake controllers. All brake controllers wire pretty much the same with a white ground wire, a black power wire a
red brake switch wire and a blue brake feed wire that goes to the trailer brakes.

If you would like to give some information about your vehicle, I could make a more specific recommendation on
how to wire it and let you know if any other parts are needed. I would need the year, make, and model of your truck along
with the type of trailer connector you have at the rear of the vehicle."
 

Attachments

  • Typical Brake controller wiring diagram.jpg
    Typical Brake controller wiring diagram.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,038
Last edited:
I triple checked that I have it wired correctly, and I do.

I checked under the hood for the fuses and they all look OK.

I guess I have a bad brake controller. I did get it from a junkyard, but it was still hooked up.

Guess I'll have to get another controller.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,553
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top