Any regrets going with the full plate-style overland bumper? Trying to decide between that and the C4 Hybrid front bumper
Do you want or need the extra protection? Can you deal with the additional weight? Do you plan to utilize the additional lighting options?
I personally prefer the Overland bumper simply based on looks. I do appreciate you can run additional lights on the hybrid, but do we really need that many? I think a 30" and fogs are more than adequate but if you need more, you have the option to mount LP6s
my $0.02
Waiting for my hybrid bumper to arrive - 14 weeks is forever.
Anybody do anything with the stock fogs? I ordered the bar and squadrons.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If running Baja's, their fog light kit comes with the harness adapter to plug them in so you can retain the fog switch on the steering wheel
That is awesome news, because I wasn't looking forward to wiring them through the firewall. I was actually asking if anybody did something with the foglights already on the 4runner since they will be removed in the stock bumper removal.
I feel the same. I Like the bull bar, but, the headlight hoops for the 5th gen full bumpers just doesn’t match the vehicle well. IMOMaybe it’s just me, but the headlight hoops look horrible. Bull bar looks fine, but the 4Runner headlights just create awkward looking situation to protect them with bars. Has nothing to do with C4 Fabrication as everyone’s attempt at this is ugly. Living in deer country, I so need this protection, but the looks are hard to swallow.
ahhh reading is fundamental lol. I should've reread your question... but leave the stock ones in the garage jk
its the perfect excuse to upgrade
Had a brief notion to mount the OEM fog lights in the rear bumper since I can't see anything when backing up in the dark. But ordered some LED replacement bulbs from Amazon for hopefully much less effort.
C4 Bumper is finally home and waiting for the second coat of paint later today. Went with Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating. Looks great, but a can does not go very far.
Also check our Diode Dynamics options for supplemental reverse lighting. They have one kit that has a wiring harness and gives both reverse & tail, and switched white rear. A second option from DD is a set that mounts to existing bolts, connects to trailer wiring (plug & play behind connector) and gives tail, brake, and reverse - and it’s plug & play.
VLEDS has two license plate frames; one with just reverse, the other with reverse-tail-brake.
All are good options.
Anyone with a supercharger relocate the pump for to be able to install a winch? Is there a relocation kit or have pictures of what they did? I installed the C4 bumper this weekend and have to figure what to do?