• If you plan to post to Classified forums, you must follow these rules, or your post will be deleted.

    1. Thread title must include at a minimum: FS or FT, Item(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gen), Price and Location. For Example: FS: 4th GEN Carpet Floor Mats - Tan, $50 Denver, CO.
    2. All Threads must contain the following information
      • What is for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.)
      • Condition
      • Price/What you want to trade for
      • Location of item
      • At least one picture of the item for sale or for trade
    3. No "Feeler" Threads - Its either for sale or it isn't.
    4. Moderators lock Classified Threads that have not had any activity in 90 days or when the part is announced SOLD.
    5. Threads not complying with the rules will be deleted without notice.

Console Vault *Group Buy* Summer 2015

* Updated 7/15/2015 *

We will try to kick this off in the next few days! Stay tuned!


What is OP's definition of "a few days?" Tomorrow marks 31 days since the last update and more than 60 days since he was "in final stages" of negotiating a deal according to the original post. There are 50+ people on the list - what is OP waiting on?
 
What is OP's definition of "a few days?" Tomorrow marks 31 days since the last update and more than 60 days since he was "in final stages" of negotiating a deal according to the original post. There are 50+ people on the list - what is OP waiting on?
Doesn't OP do a ton of these and always come through? Isn't he doing all the leg work while we sit around and wait for a discount? If you find the wait unreasonable cant you go buy one for MSRP right now?


Just wondering.
 
Trying to figure out a way for everyone to put in the order that doesn't involve me collecting money or having me put out tons of money in advanced to make this happen. As I am not a vendor nor I am the manufacturer, I am not setup to stock items nor I am setup to collect. It had been in the works, just hang in there.
 
Trying to figure out a way for everyone to put in the order that doesn't involve me collecting money or having me put out tons of money in advanced to make this happen. As I am not a vendor nor I am the manufacturer, I am not setup to stock items nor I am setup to collect. It had been in the works, just hang in there.

It seems Console Vault just doesn't give a sh*t about group buys do they......Last Christmas they didn't really care but they did offer a free upgrade to the 4 digit lock which is $35.

You could get a PayPal account set up and have everybody send funds to you like that with their info and order details. Then deposit the funds to your bank account and write CV one large check. Give us a 10 day window to get the money to you and then that's it. But having to store all of the orders (if thats what they're saying) is a royal pain in the a s s for you and I wouldn't want to do it either.
 
Last edited:
Trying to figure out a way for everyone to put in the order that doesn't involve me collecting money or having me put out tons of money in advanced to make this happen. As I am not a vendor nor I am the manufacturer, I am not setup to stock items nor I am setup to collect. It had been in the works, just hang in there.

Thanks for the update and letting us know what's going on. We have lots of smart and experienced people here - letting us know what the problems are will get our brains working on a solution. Silence makes us (perhaps just me) wonder what's going on and questioning whether or not you're still working on this GB.

Since you don't want to collect money in advance or front the costs for everyone to reimburse (I don't blame you at all), I'm guessing the holdup at this point is the vendor doesn't want 50+ individual orders and the headache/liability of connecting the group to the orders that trickle in. Based on other GB attempts with this vendor in the past, I read one thread where an order window was "opened" and quickly closed after a certain (and unannounced) number of orders were received, I'm guessing they aren't very friendly to the GB process in general.

If OP would be a little more forthcoming with information, those of us that are interested could possibly come up with some ideas on how to solve the problems here or would at the least be more flexible in waiting for the yet to be determined discount.

All this being stated, do you OP have any plan on how to tackle this or are we trying to dazzle the vendor with a big list so they acquiesce on the multiple individual order issue?
 
Doesn't OP do a ton of these and always come through? Isn't he doing all the leg work while we sit around and wait for a discount? If you find the wait unreasonable cant you go buy one for MSRP right now?


Just wondering.

Thanks for sharing. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it is not my standard practice to follow members' posts nor do I follow GBs that I have no interest in. There had not been any updates from OP in a month wit the last mentioning a "kickoff in a couple days," so I wasn't sure how much legwork, as you say, was being completed or accomplished, hence the reason I posted and asked for more information. I appreciate your suggestion of paying MSRP if I find the wait unreasonable - can you believe I hadn't thought of that on my own?!?!
 
Thanks for sharing. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it is not my standard practice to follow members' posts nor do I follow GBs that I have no interest in. There had not been any updates from OP in a month wit the last mentioning a "kickoff in a couple days," so I wasn't sure how much legwork, as you say, was being completed or accomplished, hence the reason I posted and asked for more information. I appreciate your suggestion of paying MSRP if I find the wait unreasonable - can you believe I hadn't thought of that on my own?!?!

Thanks for pushing this from the dead. I also don't argue the OP's magical powers and commitment at working groupbuys, but as I've been wanting one of these for a month and a half it would be nice to get some updates. Mid July I held off on ordering one since I thought it was going to happen any day now. I don't want to find out in another 2 months that it's finally ready and the deal is I get a free upgrade to a 4th digit combo that I don't even want.

I hope we can get the ball rolling on this soon. What about some sort of coupon code or special order link with a one day window to order? Wouldn't be hard for the company to do that.
 
Thanks for pushing this from the dead. I also don't argue the OP's magical powers and commitment at working groupbuys, but as I've been wanting one of these for a month and a half it would be nice to get some updates. Mid July I held off on ordering one since I thought it was going to happen any day now. I don't want to find out in another 2 months that it's finally ready and the deal is I get a free upgrade to a 4th digit combo that I don't even want.

I hope we can get the ball rolling on this soon. What about some sort of coupon code or special order link with a one day window to order? Wouldn't be hard for the company to do that.

From a companies point of view, I run the risk of people sharing the link or coupon code with other forum users/friends.

I, as Console Vault, would want more control over the process and less hassle. Maybe, and this is probably dependent on all of us, the OP can provide our personal email addresses to Console Vault and we can call in our orders; explained we are part of a group buy; and provide our email address as verification.

Just a thought, I've never done or participated in a group buy so this might be overkill.

MJ
 
The bottom line here is that we cannot help OP solve the issues (for everyone's benefit) if he's unwilling to share more information with us.
 
Pretty sure the bottom line is either Console Vault sees value in cutting us a deal because they assume a large portion of us won't be buying without a discount... or they don't because they think we will fill orders at MSRP.


Thats all it comes down to. None of us have any magical powers Jicko doesn't have.
 
This is NOT dead yet, and if I exhausted my resources, I will announce it immediately.

I am working different angles (working with various distribution channels), and hopefully, I can get it done. I don't want to disappoint everyone, and myself, the most.... so..... I am still working on it....

Hang in there a little longer....
 
* Updated 8/28/2015 *

Damn, this has been DIFFICULT! BUT I finally made this happen! The ordering is going to start Monday, you guys will get order instructions before then!!

Hurray!!!!
 
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,312
Messages
3,554,083
Members
248,016
Latest member
Advally Service

Trending content

Back
Top