So I was tired of my boost gauge just sitting in the corner of my windshield on my dash and decided that I didnt want to use a pillar mount where I would have to remove my grab handle (Im only 5'7 so getting in without it can be a little tough when I'm wheeling)
I was at a local junk yard browsing when I came across a 98 mitsubishi montero sport. On the center of the dash above the radio/ac heater controls was a 3 pod gauge cluster. This was a factory installed cluster that had a compass, outside temp, Volt and oil pressure gauges.
Upon further inspection, I decided that I would be able to modify it to fit the 4runner so I grabbed it for a whopping $10.
The following pictures show my boost and egt gauges installed in place of the volt and oil pressure, along with it mounted in the dash. It was a little nerve wracking as I had to cut a hole in the dash above the heater vents however I think it turned out pretty good. I also was able to wire up the compass and temp sensor to work. The only thing left to do is pull the cluster back out (2 screws) and replace the TINY bulbs in the compass/ temp sensor gauge as they are burnt out.
Let me know what you think.
I was at a local junk yard browsing when I came across a 98 mitsubishi montero sport. On the center of the dash above the radio/ac heater controls was a 3 pod gauge cluster. This was a factory installed cluster that had a compass, outside temp, Volt and oil pressure gauges.
Upon further inspection, I decided that I would be able to modify it to fit the 4runner so I grabbed it for a whopping $10.
The following pictures show my boost and egt gauges installed in place of the volt and oil pressure, along with it mounted in the dash. It was a little nerve wracking as I had to cut a hole in the dash above the heater vents however I think it turned out pretty good. I also was able to wire up the compass and temp sensor to work. The only thing left to do is pull the cluster back out (2 screws) and replace the TINY bulbs in the compass/ temp sensor gauge as they are burnt out.
Let me know what you think.
Last edited: