Fog Light Wiring ?

smallfry

New member
Look at a set of aftermarket fog lights and I'm wondering is the stock fog lighting sufficent enough to support a set of after market lights. Namely the PIAA 510 Fog Lights.
 
Register to hide this ad
I wired a set of Hella Micro DE fog lights in the factory location using the factory wiring and it lasted roughly a year and a half before I had issues. The factory wiring seems to get brittle. I found several spots where the plastic coating around the wire has flaked off.

I would recommend using a heavier gauge wire so you don't have to re-wire a year or two down the road.

I'm currently putting off re-wiring my fog lights after several days of trouble shooting those damn lights.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,564
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top