boulder3rdgen
New member
Photos: https://elliotwhitehead34.pixieset.com/1999toyota4runner/
Backstory: I bought this truck from my brother, who owned it for 7 years. It’s been well-maintained by him and my father (aerospace engineer) over the years, with oil changes done like clockwork. Recent service information will be listed below. His family has outgrown the truck, so I bought it from him with plans to build out an off-road / camping rig. I’m selling it as my plans have now pivoted to an F-250 truck camper build.
This is the unicorn 4Runner: The coveted 1999 SR5 with manual transfer case + optional rear E-locker. Everything on this truck works. It fires up every time, and has a lot of adventurous miles ahead of it. The price reflects that this rig is not flawless. The engine runs a little rough on cold startup, but after about a minute, runs well. While operating, it seems like the engine just is missing a bit of throttle response.. I figured this might be the MAF sensor or spark-plugs, but have not had time to dig into it. But it runs fine and pulls well, driving in the mountains is not an issue. No engine codes have been thrown, and the truck just passed emissions.
Transmission + transfer case work flawlessly, A/C blows ice cold (has not been recharged in the last two years, so it’s well sealed), heat blows hot. Sunroof and Rear window work without issue.
The body has some damage, mostly on the passenger side, all pictured. I believe there was an incident with a parking bollard. There is a dent in the back passenger door (honestly not that noticeable from most angles), the front plastic attachment of the running board has come off (and the running board is bent downwards slightly - my plan was to remove the running boards entirely, I think that looks cleaner). Also, the the right corner + taillight are damaged.
Largely, the car is rust free. The frame and sub-frame show no major rust areas other than minor surface rust which has not progressed since my brother bought the car. The only significant rust is on the front bumper, and rear trailer hitch.
All in, it’s a solid truck waiting for its next home. I think the perfect buyer would be somebody who’s looking for a camping truck / daily driver / wheeling build.
Unfortunately I do not have information on the last timing belt service.
Recent Maintenance in the last 20,000 mi:
New Alternator + New Starter
Backstory: I bought this truck from my brother, who owned it for 7 years. It’s been well-maintained by him and my father (aerospace engineer) over the years, with oil changes done like clockwork. Recent service information will be listed below. His family has outgrown the truck, so I bought it from him with plans to build out an off-road / camping rig. I’m selling it as my plans have now pivoted to an F-250 truck camper build.
This is the unicorn 4Runner: The coveted 1999 SR5 with manual transfer case + optional rear E-locker. Everything on this truck works. It fires up every time, and has a lot of adventurous miles ahead of it. The price reflects that this rig is not flawless. The engine runs a little rough on cold startup, but after about a minute, runs well. While operating, it seems like the engine just is missing a bit of throttle response.. I figured this might be the MAF sensor or spark-plugs, but have not had time to dig into it. But it runs fine and pulls well, driving in the mountains is not an issue. No engine codes have been thrown, and the truck just passed emissions.
Transmission + transfer case work flawlessly, A/C blows ice cold (has not been recharged in the last two years, so it’s well sealed), heat blows hot. Sunroof and Rear window work without issue.
The body has some damage, mostly on the passenger side, all pictured. I believe there was an incident with a parking bollard. There is a dent in the back passenger door (honestly not that noticeable from most angles), the front plastic attachment of the running board has come off (and the running board is bent downwards slightly - my plan was to remove the running boards entirely, I think that looks cleaner). Also, the the right corner + taillight are damaged.
Largely, the car is rust free. The frame and sub-frame show no major rust areas other than minor surface rust which has not progressed since my brother bought the car. The only significant rust is on the front bumper, and rear trailer hitch.
All in, it’s a solid truck waiting for its next home. I think the perfect buyer would be somebody who’s looking for a camping truck / daily driver / wheeling build.
Unfortunately I do not have information on the last timing belt service.
Recent Maintenance in the last 20,000 mi:
New Alternator + New Starter