Gauge info display different..?

Talyn

New member
I was arguing with the search engine about trip display. Anyways, the photos I see for all what sites claim to be the 5th gen 4runner info display on the gagues are different than mine. Mine has that stupid eco bar on it all the time.

Am I missing some settings? Not quite sure what to search for in here as I keep getting scan gauge results in return.

If I can turn this stupid eco mode bar off, that would be great, its annoyingly distracting while driving to be honest.

Tough to search for this, because it returns results for the eco light, which I turned that dumb thing off already.
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't care for the eco bar either, but it's easy to ignore. And it turns off whenever the cruise control is used. Since I live in a very rural area, the cruise control is almost always on.
 
Mines on all the time. I don't recall it turning off when the cruise was on for 3 to 4 hours yesterday.

Just annoying to try and find info on stuff and it feels like all the stuff you search up shows completely different systems.
At least I finally found the effing trip odometer. I didn't see the button, cause most newer vehicles have it all on the steering controls.

Alright, thanks for the info that it's not something you can turn off. Would be nice though. Just not really a useful feature whatsoever.

Now to work on the radio random restart stuff. ugh. now that stuff makes 0 sense.
 
Mines on all the time. I don't recall it turning off when the cruise was on for 3 to 4 hours yesterday.
The display doesn't turn off when the cruise control is on. Just the moving bar disappears and there's no movement.

talyn said:
At least I finally found the effing trip odometer. I didn't see the button, cause most newer vehicles have it all on the steering controls.
I come from an era when there was no such thing as a resettable trip odometer, except on some high end cars. The vast majority had a long push button poking out from the gauge face and out any plastic lens to reset. And so do our 4Runners.

Tap the long plastic button protruding from the bottom right part of the clear plastic covering the gauge cluster to change between trip odometers 1 and 2. Long press to reset.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,590
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top