I Need Help

tbtroy

New member
4runner nation I have a serious issue need to change my plugs in my 03 4runner my problem is when I go to get the ignition coils off my V8 the coil pack bolts wont budge I am afraid of breaking them. Any suggestions to get them off I will try JB80 in the morning then if I get them anti seize them when I put the new ones in. If I cant get them of course go to the dealer and if they break them then they fix them. Anyone else have this issue?
 
Register to hide this ad
4runner nation I have a serious issue need to change my plugs in my 03 4runner my problem is when I go to get the ignition coils off my V8 the coil pack bolts wont budge I am afraid of breaking them. Any suggestions to get them off I will try JB80 in the morning then if I get them anti seize them when I put the new ones in. If I cant get them of course go to the dealer and if they break them then they fix them. Anyone else have this issue?

I didn't have any problem getting the coil bolts out but some of the plugs were in so tight that I had to use an impact wrench to break them loose. That would probably work good on the bolts too and they are on sale at Harbor Freight for $39 I believe. Impact wrenches work by hitting the socket with a lot of sharp blows instead of applying a lot of torque so they will come loose easier without breaking as long as you don't over do it. Be sure and use good quality 6 point impact sockets so as not to round off the bolt heads though.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,559
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top