LED lights and bugs

Chilow

New member
I was out wheeling yesterday and had the rear hatch open to gather my tire deflator. A bunch of bugs started flying around the rear cargo area. I’m guessing they were attracted to the white LED lights I have back there. After a brief search on Google, it looks like red LED lights don’t attract as much bugs. Has anyone here replaced their cargo lights with red ones?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have the ARC Light ones that I posted above in my rear hatch and they're super bright. They are pricey, but I like that they have the option to switch to red or white. I have just the white ones, but they're awesome
 
Nice lights, but too pricey for me. I have the JDM Astar bulbs from Amazon, but they only come in white. I do like the spread it gives - looking for something similar but in red so it doesn’t attract too many bugs.

Hard korr lighting has a white/orange led bar that i use... works awesome.. you can use battery pack or 12v plug.. its dimmable \.. it has magnets, i stick it undet the hatch..
 
I replaced my interior lights with red, and it does seem that they attract less bugs. I noticed when I was camping this summer.
 
Last edited:
I replaced my interior lights with red, and it does seem that they attract less bugs. I noticed when I was camping this supper.

Can you send me a link to the ones you have? The ones I saw on amazon ether had purple or pink to them.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,562
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top