concordcarlos
New member
I confess to being one of those dudes who always adds lights to stuff. If there is power, i'll add some lumens. Went camping with the 4runner and saw the need for more lighting to the rear.
Bought a reel of "waterproof" LED's off Ebay.
5M 5630 300LED White Red Blue Green Light Strip Super Bright DC 12V Adapter | eBay
Everything else I already had on hand.
16g primary wire, red and white.
Soldering gun.
Heat shrink tubing.
Wire loom, the mesh kind.
Putty knife to remove inner panels.
Socket/wrench.
Wire strippers.
The hardest part was getting the wire to feed from the rubber boot on top of the lift gate back to the bottom of the lift gate. The only thing I still need to do is remove(again) the inner panel on the lift gate and notch it so it lays flat over the wire. Not shown in the pics is removal of the metal plate that holds the electronics of the wiper/rear window. To get a hand on the wire as it feeds back, you need to pull that.
I also made some cornbread with my daughter, but that's another write up.
Bought a reel of "waterproof" LED's off Ebay.
5M 5630 300LED White Red Blue Green Light Strip Super Bright DC 12V Adapter | eBay
Everything else I already had on hand.
16g primary wire, red and white.
Soldering gun.
Heat shrink tubing.
Wire loom, the mesh kind.
Putty knife to remove inner panels.
Socket/wrench.
Wire strippers.
The hardest part was getting the wire to feed from the rubber boot on top of the lift gate back to the bottom of the lift gate. The only thing I still need to do is remove(again) the inner panel on the lift gate and notch it so it lays flat over the wire. Not shown in the pics is removal of the metal plate that holds the electronics of the wiper/rear window. To get a hand on the wire as it feeds back, you need to pull that.
I also made some cornbread with my daughter, but that's another write up.