newbie

Kindly

Junior Member
I bought a 2016 SR5 4Runner with 80,000 miles. It only had one owner, but it was on a ranch in Eastwood, NM. Good thing: very little deicing chemical exposure, and very low humidity. Bad thing: clayey fines accumulated inside the hatch. The rear window goes down, but won't go back up. I took the panel off the hatch and pushed it back up, and then took it to Toy Care Care in Centennial, CO. They are going to replace the motor and the cables for $1,300. I'm going to do it, but just wondering how long that new motor will last? Anyone have a feel for the durability of that repair?
 
Register to hide this ad
I bought a 2016 SR5 4Runner with 80,000 miles. It only had one owner, but it was on a ranch in Eastwood, NM. Good thing: very little deicing chemical exposure, and very low humidity. Bad thing: clayey fines accumulated inside the hatch. The rear window goes down, but won't go back up. I took the panel off the hatch and pushed it back up, and then took it to Toy Care Care in Centennial, CO. They are going to replace the motor and the cables for $1,300. I'm going to do it, but just wondering how long that new motor will last? Anyone have a feel for the durability of that repair?
They determined the regulator is fine? Every time I have messed with a power window malfunction that is not a fuse/switch issue, it ended up being the regulator assembly much more often than the motor.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,365
Messages
3,554,411
Members
248,060
Latest member
MVD310

Trending content

Back
Top