Normal transmission temperatures?

MICA4R

New member
I've read 140F to 200F is the normal range.
I do a lot of highway driving in 95+ degree temperatures.
Do I need a trans cooler?

screenshot.jpg~original
 
Register to hide this ad
Im just curious how you got Torque to display tranny temp. I can not get method 1 or method 2 to display information and method 3 just duplicates the coolant temp. I also have the torque scan add on app and ran a PID scan with no luck.
 
Yea. That isn't a high temp reading. I have a v8, with the aux cooler, and when it is 99 degrees where I live I get similar temps.

220, higher, then you start to worry. But you won't see that unless your towing a lot, up a huge hill, for a good bit.


It really, really, really, really, sounds like your just looking to blow money on something. Doesn't need to be this. :)

The trans Temp is far more externally linked and the designers knew that. It is going to be a much more flexible system temp wise.

Did another up and down mountain run last night, driving the wife to a company retreat through the TN/NC mountains.
Only difference was this time we had had to do it at night due to logistics. It was 60-58 degrees the whole time and my trans temp never got about 158 degrees.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,594
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top