Possible CV issue?

BobLMTDT4R

New member
While I am slowing and applying the brakes like at a stop sign or an intersection, I feel a metal to metal type grinding feeling/noise coming from the front left tire area. I pulled both front brakes apart and they pads look good and there are no signs of wear on the rotors.

While I had the front end apart I looked at the CV joints and did find a pin size hole (well a tiny bit bigger) in the top ridge of the inner cv boot. There is a small amount of grease on there, but no other place, like its being flung out.

I did a search and found a few that talk about this. So I have it narrowed down to a brake issue somewhere or the CV needs replaced.

How hard/much is a CV replacement on a 97 limited? And does this sound like the CV?

Bob
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,584
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top