Recondition Front Wheel Hub Seal Surface

Mac_Gyver

New member
Hey Guys. Refreshing a pair of front wheel hubs. There was some corrosion on the surface where the outer wheel seal rides. Two pics attached for reference.

How should I address this? I was thinking asking a machine shop to take the surface down 0.25mm or 0.5mm. Doesn't look like the seal has much deflection when installed so I don't think much can come off. Sound like the right amount of material?

Or should I just reassemble it?

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • wheelhub1.jpg
    wheelhub1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 162
  • wheelhub2.jpg
    wheelhub2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 163
Register to hide this ad
It’s just a dust seal. I don’t think it has a very harsh service. With some grease it will do its job just fine.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,586
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top