Reverse makes strange noise

Chris_19

New member
I have a 1999 4 runner with 281000kms. Every now and then when I put it into reverse you can hear a slight whine coming from the transmission. On top of that the vehicle will not move unless I give it gas (even if I am on a flat surface). Wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem or would know how to fix the issue.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
How old is the transmission fluid? Do a drain and fill. Find the fluid type on the dip stick and/or embossed on the drain plug. You'll need about 4 quarts (1 quart is 946 mL) and buy the fluid from the dealer.
 
I concur with the fluid check/replacement. Not a whole lot else that affects the vehicle in reverse other than the transmission.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top