Shorter Shifter

kaos5000

New member
Did this months ago, Idk how many other have done this but I love it. I just simply unscrewed the shifter knob and got a damp towel. Took the towel and wrapped it around the gear stick as well as the surrounding area. Took a grinder with a cut-off wheel and cut approx 3 inches off the shaft. Use a tap & die set and created new threads. It screwed right on and doesn't move, tight fit. The threads inside the knob are plastic, so beware of cross threading and ruining your knob.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5468.JPG
    IMG_5468.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 1,389
Register to hide this ad
Did this months ago, Idk how many other have done this but I love it. I just simply unscrewed the shifter knob and got a damp towel. Took the towel and wrapped it around the gear stick as well as the surrounding area. Took a grinder with a cut-off wheel and cut approx 3 inches off the shaft. Use a tap & die set and created new threads. It screwed right on and doesn't move, tight fit. The threads inside the knob are plastic, so beware of cross threading and ruining your knob.

Well, now that you mention it...

Shortshift
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,381
Messages
3,554,567
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top