Shrockworks Step-Slider

You should only need to drill one hole.

Seen this article yet?
ShrockWorks Rock Sliders Install and Overview - 5th Gen 4Runner

shrockworks_rock_sliders_install_5th_g3n_4runner_07.jpg

That article would've been helpful... I had a full tank of gas but was able to lower the tank and skid plate with my Floor Jack. I left that tank strap bolt in place.

The instructions mentioned completely removing the gas tank skid. Bad idea.

Reading the other threads on here - most recommend to drill both holes (4 total) on the front angle brackets. I believe SW left that space between the bracket and frame to allow mounting of their skid plates.

One of the frame holes on the front Driver's side is cross threaded - can't get the brass colored bolt in there. I have my 1st oil change Monday at the dealer going to ask them if they have a tap they (or I) can use to clean up the threads in that hole.
 
Yea I was too lazy to prep the stick nuts. They are just bent out of the way and surface rusting. You only have to drill 1 hole. I tagged the sliders all day offroad no issues with them bending.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo

Trending content

Back
Top