Throttle body rounded bolt problem

revans611

New member
My 1997 4runner has what I diagnosed as an IAC problem because of high idle with intermittent stalling. I decided to replace the IAC instead of cleaning it, but while trying to remove the throttle body I rounded the bolt head (pictured). Now I can't get the throttle body off to replace the IAC. I think my choices are either to purchase a bolt extractor kit or have the car towed to my mechanic. I lean towards trying the bolt extractor, but I am afraid that I might make things worse by breaking the bolt, and if I do that I'm screwed. I am wonder what a pro mechanic would suggest.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3615a.jpg
    IMG_3615a.jpg
    684.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3616a.jpg
    IMG_3616a.jpg
    867 KB · Views: 1
Register to hide this ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,344
Messages
3,554,303
Members
248,048
Latest member
strumorlop

Trending content

Back
Top