Pyral
Member
The background of why I am considering this is talked about here.The problems I currently have with the transmission are things that I can live with, but if I can save money by rebuilding it then I shouldn't wait until I cause more serious and costly damage.
Rebuilding it seems like common sense, but I live in California, so I suspect that the price of a rebuild and the price of a rebuilt transmission from somewhere like Marlin Crawler (~$1100) might be close (I'll get local estimates)
Should I wait until I need a new transmission and then replace it or should I try and rebuild it now while major damage hasn't been done?
Is the result of either option something that feels as good as before?
Rebuilding it seems like common sense, but I live in California, so I suspect that the price of a rebuild and the price of a rebuilt transmission from somewhere like Marlin Crawler (~$1100) might be close (I'll get local estimates)
Should I wait until I need a new transmission and then replace it or should I try and rebuild it now while major damage hasn't been done?
Is the result of either option something that feels as good as before?