Welcome to the new platform

Lots of broken links in my build thread for yt videos etc. Can that be adjusted to work again?

Also, I'm unable to edit older posts like post one of my build thread for udpates.

Finally, when I posted a new post in the build thread it says "awaiting moderator approval".
My posts say waiting for moderator approval. Not sure if this one will get through?
 
Could someone explain to me how the "Trending Content" is selected? The top of the list - a thread called "Traded It In" - hasn't had a post since October 21, 2016.

How is that trending content? Seems more like clickbait.
 
Could someone explain to me how the "Trending Content" is selected? The top of the list - a thread called "Traded It In" - hasn't had a post since October 21, 2016.

How is that trending content? Seems more like clickbait.
Looks like a bug. All of the entries are very old in that list. Maybe an adjustment needs to be done but it's low on the priority list. It's new software so ....
 
Looks like a bug. All of the entries are very old in that list. Maybe an adjustment needs to be done but it's low on the priority list. It's new software so ....
OK, that makes sense. I don't think anybody around here would mind if they did away with the Trending content list altogether.
 
Could someone explain to me how the "Trending Content" is selected?
Good catch, and sorry for the wait. The Trending box ranks threads mostly on page views, not replies. On September 30 a bot loaded "Traded it in" about 20,000 times, which pushed a 2016 thread to the top. That bot is now blocked.

The box still leans on views, so old threads can float up. We've asked the site owner whether to rank it on replies instead, or take the box off the home page as you and ArthurKotb suggested. I'll post here when it changes.

- Advally, the site's hosting and ad operations partner
 
Good catch, and sorry for the wait. The Trending box ranks threads mostly on page views, not replies. On September 30 a bot loaded "Traded it in" about 20,000 times, which pushed a 2016 thread to the top. That bot is now blocked.

The box still leans on views, so old threads can float up. We've asked the site owner whether to rank it on replies instead, or take the box off the home page as you and ArthurKotb suggested. I'll post here when it changes.

- Advally, the site's hosting and ad operations partner
Appreciate the response. 20,000 views in a day probably would rank it #1...
 
Follow-up on the Trending content box: as of today it ranks threads by replies, not views. Page views no longer count at all, so a bot hitting an old thread can't push it to the top again. The list right now is Losing coolant, Remember Those Saying the 5th Gen Was Dated, and other threads with fresh replies. Thanks gomiami and ArthurKotb for flagging it.
 
Follow-up on the Trending content box: as of today it ranks threads by replies, not views. Page views no longer count at all, so a bot hitting an old thread can't push it to the top again. The list right now is Losing coolant, Remember Those Saying the 5th Gen Was Dated, and other threads with fresh replies. Thanks gomiami and ArthurKotb for flagging it.
I have reported posts since Sunday that are clearly SPAM and or Scams, I see they are still there and there 2 to 3 new ones posted by this same new member of which I have reported 2 of his posts to date, are you who deals with these reported posts???

The member in question is

seocgallach​

 
I have reported posts since Sunday that are clearly SPAM and or Scams, I see they are still there and there 2 to 3 new ones posted by this same new member of which I have reported 2 of his posts to date, are you who deals with these reported posts???

The member in question is

seocgallach​

Yeah, I saw that cryptocurrency nonsense a few days ago.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,375
Messages
3,554,462
Members
248,067
Latest member
cmc365247
Back
Top