What are these marks on the hood and roof of my Runner?

Did the car wash take any responsibility? Usually they have signs denying responsibility for any damage incurred.
I looked them up, got all there contact info, ownership, etc., was all fired up to file a small claim against them. Then went to the collision shop and when I got home decided to call my ins. co. The loss was totally covered, including a per diem for a rental car, with a $100 deductible. I was burned a while back and pay extra for the low deductible, and it's not cheap. I have a feeling the carwash's insurance has been pretty busy, since there may have been 100's of cars damaged. My insurance may be able to subrogate against them, and they'll probably work out a deal.

As far as limiting liability, not sure about that. They usually do disclaim damage to aftermarket mods or even antennas, but in this case it would be hard to wiggle out of it, due to damage to the finish. The deal is they are paid to enhance the finish, not damage it.

Overall I kinda lucked out. The hood had some overspray issues, and also a few nicks down to the metal, which I was planning to address before Winter, then I end up getting a complete re-paint for a hundred bucks. I should write the carwash a thank-you note.

I've always had the car rental coverage, never needed it and figured it was a scam...it's not a scam. Enterprise has a deal and the insurance comany sets it all up, except for choice of vehicle. The coverage is $25 per day, and I'm thinking, great, it'll end up costing me $50 per day more. And the shop did say at least a week to complete. What I didn't know was that Enterprise only charges that daily cost, or a few dollars more. I could have gotten a mid-size for $2 per day. Ended up with a Chrysler mini-van, maybe cost me $8 a day for 3 days.

BTW, I rented a Chysler mini-van a number of years ago, and it was an impressive vehicle, hasn't changed. Great fit and finish, features, huge cargo area, plus the Carplay worked far better than my Hamilton HU.

The best part, picked the Runner up yesterday, it looks gorgeous. :love:
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,344
Messages
3,554,299
Members
248,046
Latest member
strumorlop

Trending content

Back
Top