Wheel wobble after tire patch?

dmalis12

New member
Hi, my wheel has been wobbling at 60+ MPH. I recently had a plug and inner patch put in one of the tires due to a bolt sticking in my tire, also had a tire rotation done at the same time. Anyone experience this after a patch and tire rotation?

My thoughts are:

Alignment and tire balancing?

Tie Rods?

Upper/lower ball joints?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi, my wheel has been wobbling at 60+ MPH. I recently had a plug and inner patch put in one of the tires due to a bolt sticking in my tire, also had a tire rotation done at the same time. Anyone experience this after a patch and tire rotation?

My thoughts are:

Alignment and tire balancing?

Tie Rods?

Upper/lower ball joints?

I would check the lug nuts first,then have them balanced.
 
DEFINITELY check your spacers. I had a shop forget to torque down the nuts on the spacers and ended up snapping a lug nut going 65 on the highway. Scary stuff.
 
Balance your tires. This happened to me a few weeks ago after i had a rear tire patched twice and then had them rotated. Had a vibration in the steering wheel at 60mph. Went away after having them balanced.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top