Won’t go into park

I drive a 2001 4Runner. I was driving home from work in heavy slushy snow, had it in 4high. It was only a few miles of driving. In the Last week or so, sometimes it’s been doing a little lurching when accelerating. I get home and go to throw it in park, and the shifter won’t go to park. Took it out of 4wd and drove around the block, still won’t go into park. Ended up having to leave it in neutral and disconnect the battery but my key is stuck in the ignition. Anyone have ideas of what’s going on?
 
Register to hide this ad
Have you tried manipulating the white release mechanism on the shifter to see if you can shift into park.

Start watching this video at play time 17:20 to understand what I'm talking about.

 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,381
Messages
3,554,566
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top