Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 01:14 PM

Speedy is a jewel in the rough Speedy is a jewel in the rough Speedy is a jewel in the rough Speedy is a jewel in the rough

Speedy is a jewel in the rough Speedy is a jewel in the rough Speedy is a jewel in the rough Speedy is a jewel in the rough
Restoration projects started 2/2023

Lower Ball Joints on a scale of 1-10 about a 3.

Adjusted the Bilstein suspension This was a difficult job in terms of getting the struts back in. Scale of 1-10 an 8 for me.

I was curious how the alignment would look after replacing the lower ball joints. Verdict is in, I definitely recommend an alignment.

Made the decision on the tires.

Getting ready for some fluid change, I built a DIY fluid transfer pump.

Diffs and Transfer case fluid changes

Trans fluid changed and it didn't look bad for 100K miles and 15 years

Power steering fluid changed for I think the first time ever, and it looked.....WEIRD.

Started on the valve cover gaskets. Removal. Scale of 1-10 about a 3. Just tedious.

Got the valve covers restored. Changed the supercharger oil, cleaned the throttle body, and AFE air cleaner while I was there.

Valve cover gasket job complete. Pretty easy, I still say a 3 or so on a 1-10 scale. I'd suggest doing it over two days so you can take your time.

Cleaned up the engine bay. I wanted to make sure I didn't have a rear main seal leak.

Starting to tackle the under carriage and went after the tow hitch first.

Got the chassis cleaned up, wire wheeled, painted, and replaced a bunch of grungy bolts.

Started work on the interior with the new arm rest and new steering wheel cover.

Replaced the scratched and blemished gauge cluster lens and polished the original to keep as a spare.

Installed new leather interior, heated seats, hatch struts, and floor mats.

Always triple check suspension clearance when you adjust it. I missed something and had to make a repair.

Flares removed, prepped, and painted.

Installed some graphics.

Flare Install and Re-Assembly

Extended the rear diff breather, finally

Last edited by Speedy; 04-26-2024 at 07:48 PM.
Speedy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote