bigdaddy2021
New member
Found some educational video's to help me pro/con.
Good video explaining the operation of the E-locker. Now that I see it operate, gotta say, there is definitely a possible weak spot with heavy offroading, since it engages and dis-engages as you roll backwards and forwards, as opposed to the ARB, which I believe acts like a spool [period, no unlocking possible, when working correctly] when it's engaged. (this is of course, aside from the seal/leak/complexity issues that plague some ARB's)
*
*
*
Here's some trail footage of the disengagement issues folks were/are having - wonder if the 12v source is the issue or if it's the design?
*
*
*
*
And here's a few i found for the ARB.
The rubber seals and locking ring are a wear item, and since the 8" front IFS is fairly well buried behind skid plates and possibly other assemblies, it might be a pain in the butt to pull and maintain (have to plan $$$ for maintenance as needed, maybe?) 4runner locker is probably a bit different, but I think it's the same concept as the Jeep D44 locker.
*
*
*
*
Here's a bloke who's diagnosing issues with his ARB. Again with a rear Dana-style axle - diagnosing is a bit easier. I think this would be a HUGE pain with an front IFS diff
Good video explaining the operation of the E-locker. Now that I see it operate, gotta say, there is definitely a possible weak spot with heavy offroading, since it engages and dis-engages as you roll backwards and forwards, as opposed to the ARB, which I believe acts like a spool [period, no unlocking possible, when working correctly] when it's engaged. (this is of course, aside from the seal/leak/complexity issues that plague some ARB's)
*
*
Here's some trail footage of the disengagement issues folks were/are having - wonder if the 12v source is the issue or if it's the design?
*
*
*
And here's a few i found for the ARB.
The rubber seals and locking ring are a wear item, and since the 8" front IFS is fairly well buried behind skid plates and possibly other assemblies, it might be a pain in the butt to pull and maintain (have to plan $$$ for maintenance as needed, maybe?) 4runner locker is probably a bit different, but I think it's the same concept as the Jeep D44 locker.
*
*
*
Here's a bloke who's diagnosing issues with his ARB. Again with a rear Dana-style axle - diagnosing is a bit easier. I think this would be a HUGE pain with an front IFS diff
Last edited: