Cabin Air Filter Replacement Problem

claydoctor

New member
OK, I was smart enough not to let the dealer change out cabin air filter . Easy to do yourself, right ? Watched the You Tube video. Piece of cake!
First step is remove Phillips head screw from dampener . No problem .Followed all the other instructions. No problem . Then just as I was about to remove the filthy filter , the dampener mechanism falls out onto the floor . That did not happen in the video . The dampener mechanism has two holes in it at the top but I cannot figure out what those holes attach to or how. And why two holes ? I've tired to look up there with flashlight but see nothing . Assuming someone has the answer , at what point do I reinsert the dampener ? Last step or before you snap the glove box tabs in ? Help !
 
Register to hide this ad
Thank you. To quote Emily Latella (Gilda Radner), "never mind."
Figured it out. Still not sure why that dampener has three holes in it when you only use two .
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top