Coolant flush problems

slonny

New member
Doing coolant flush right now.

I am referencing several tutorials on the website:
1. https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/225875-official-coolant-flush-guide.html
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQsxmi-CNng
3. https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/250972-how-coolant-flush-pictures.html

Everyone of these people are able to get around 8 qt out of the system. I am only able to get 4 qt (1 gallon). Not sure what is going on.

The process for drain and fill is pretty straight forward: drain old coolant, refill with distilled water, drain distilled water 3-4 times, refill with new coolant mixture.

The car is 2010 4Runner Trail Edition. I have flushed the system this way with around 4 gallons of distilled water and refilled it with 50/50 coolant mixture. The concentration is very alarming right now.

Why am I able to drain only 1 gallon every time, whereas others are able to drain 2?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,557
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top