Exhaust? What to do?

What makes you think the Flowmaster will provide more torque?

I think what JRM means is that the loss of torque is a result of the exhaust leak due to his cracked vortex.

Here is what a flowmaster (w/Tundra resonance silencer) sounds like:

 
What makes you think the Flowmaster will provide more torque?

I'm interested to see how it goes though. I've also had mine for over two years. Changing things up can be good. :)

It appears that flowmaster has a slightly more restrictive design than the magnaflow and vortex (which is more of a straight flow-through). From what I've read, some back-pressure is needed for low-end torque. But I'll see how it goes once I get it installed. In the end, I just need a new muffler, and I just want to change it up a bit--instead of keeping with a flow-through design, I want to see how a 40 series flowmaster will sound on the 4runner.

below is a photo of the internal of a 40 series flowmaster, keep in mind the inlet is at the bottom-right of the photo.
 

Attachments

  • 3173_1_md.jpg
    3173_1_md.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 240
For those who have just replaced the muffler, what is the piping dimensions for the 4runner? 2 1/2" inlet/outlet? And is it center in offset out or what?

Thanks!
 
For those who have just replaced the muffler, what is the piping dimensions for the 4runner? 2 1/2" inlet/outlet? And is it center in offset out or what?

Thanks!

2.25" inlet center & 2.25" outlet offset, or inlet offset / outlet center
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,386
Messages
3,554,607
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top