I couldn't get DAC to work

Register to hide this ad
Details?

Did the green DAC Icon light up on the dash?

Were you on a steep hill at the time, lol...

Did you keep your foot off the brake pedal?

We need details.
 
I know that it has to be in 4Lo, but still.... it doesn't seems to kick in....

Any idea?

You are not missing out on anything. I find it useless and the noise is enough to make your skin crawl.... It has a vary narrow use case in the real world.

It may require that you be in the D position... Can't remember..., played with it a few times and realized quickly it was not very useful.

Engine braking is what you usually want.. Shift it to first gear...
 
IIRC from the last time I used it...

-4Lo
-In "Low or 1st Gear"
-Below 10mph
-Do not touch the brake pedal at all

It works fairly well when you need it (though to be honest, I rarely if ever have seen a need for it on most steep inclines), but it works REALLY SLOWLY... like so painfully slow I usually just go back to manual engine braking to get the job done.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,596
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top