Need your help on running board

Shockrox sliders

Do those shockworks sliders hit your leg when you get in and out of the 4 runner?. I like the fact my 4 runner doesn't have them right now and I can get in and out without any rubbing on my pants or legs. I am 5'6 so I don't have the long legs to step over the typical side steps. When I had the Limited I never used the auto side steps because of the rubbing. The factory side steps on the GX460 never bothered me. I like the looks of a side step/rail but don't want the rubbing.
 
[MENTION=72118]probos[/MENTION] , this is the textured, it is AWESOME!

Stock Pic:
d_1096.jpg

Thanks for the pic -- they do look awesome. Much appreciated.
 
Since your 4Runner has the same rockers as the 2010-2013 Trail Edition, the stock TE style running boards look the best. No point in getting sliders if you don't plan to go off-road and you could probably get a deal on them from someone who removed them to add sliders.
 
I installed what you see at the ebay site below on my wife's 2WD 2014 SR5. Bought them from a Toyota dealer(ebay seller) - Dick Dyer Toyota - Columbia S. C.

She works in the financial world and dresses accordingly. Flat boards are better in her situation. These work fine on a pavement princess.

If the vehicle were used for off-road I would most definitely NOT have flat boards on it.

If you buy from a Toyota dealer online, be aware that prices for dealer supplied running boards/etc. vary significantly between regions.

Gulf States Toyota Distribution(Houston Tx) supplied boards are about double what they are from Southeast Toyota Distribution(Jacksonville Fl), at least they were when I bought mine a little over a yr. ago. That's why I sourced mine from the S. C. dealer.

2014 2015 Toyota 4Runner Limited Alum Running Boards Black Chrome 00016 89040 | eBay
 
Btw, there are 3 stock OEM running boards that come with the vehicle 2014+:
R6 (SR5/LE) black end caps, chrome strip
KH (SR5/TE) rigid all black
KG (LE) automatic


Thanks for the advise everyone. another question, you mentioned
R6 (SR5/LE) black end caps, chrome strip
KH (SR5/TE) rigid all black
KG (LE) automatic
What are they/difference?
Thanks again everyone.
 
Btw, there are 3 stock OEM running boards that come with the vehicle 2014+:
R6 (SR5/LE) black end caps, chrome strip
KH (SR5/TE) rigid all black
KG (LE) automatic


Thanks for the advise everyone. another question, you mentioned
R6 (SR5/LE) black end caps, chrome strip
KH (SR5/TE) rigid all black
KG (LE) automatic
What are they/difference?
Thanks again everyone.

I don't think you could even add the KG (LE), and the KH were made specifically for your 4Runners rocker panel design, while the R6 were made for the prior SR5/LE and current LE.
 
Do those shockworks sliders hit your leg when you get in and out of the 4 runner?. I like the fact my 4 runner doesn't have them right now and I can get in and out without any rubbing on my pants or legs. I am 5'6 so I don't have the long legs to step over the typical side steps. When I had the Limited I never used the auto side steps because of the rubbing. The factory side steps on the GX460 never bothered me. I like the looks of a side step/rail but don't want the rubbing.

I am 5'6", it works perfectly for me!
 
I don't think you could even add the KG (LE), and the KH were made specifically for your 4Runners rocker panel design, while the R6 were made for the prior SR5/LE and current LE.

Are you saying that the plastic rigid all-black KH will not fit on a 10-13 SR5?

I would like to buy the stock running boards off a TRD Pro, but unsure if they'll fit my '11 SR5
 
Are you saying that the plastic rigid all-black KH will not fit on a 10-13 SR5?

I would like to buy the stock running boards off a TRD Pro, but unsure if they'll fit my '11 SR5

Due to the difference in rocker design, I believe that running board only fits the 10-13 Trail and the 14 + SR5/Trail.
 
Last edited:
2010 4 runner SR5 factory running boards

Hi I'm new here so I don't know how this works....I have an SR5 2010 4 Runner and I was wondering if the new running boards I see that come on 2017's that are all black fit on the 2010 SR5 model? They look more durable with no crome on them. I called the dealer and they weren't sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,387
Messages
3,554,608
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top